MOOGERAH NEWS as at 28TH MAY 2013
For today's weather and weekly forecast go to:-
COOLER WEATHER HAS DESCENDED ON THE SCENIC RIM MEANING CRISP, COLD NIGHTS BUT USUALLY CLEAR SUNNY DAYS. THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME TO CATCH UP ON SOME FISHING OR JUST ENJOYING THE GREAT OUTDOORS FROM YOUR CAMPSITE. TOASTING MARSHMALLOWS OVER THE CAMPFIRE IS A DELIGHT FOR EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY AND THERE SHOULD BE PLENTY OF THAT THIS COMING JUNE LONG WEEKEND. COME PREPARED WITH LOTS OF BLANKETS AND WARM WOOLLY CLOTHES.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW CHANGES TO OUR CAMPING POLICY.
AS WE ARE LOCATED IN A FAUNA RESERVE, PLEASE MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR PETS -
SORRY, NO DOGS OR GENERATORS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME
REMINDER:- CREDIT CARD DETAILS REQUIRED FOR EVERY SITE.
NO CARD - NO CAMPING
Anyone fishing over 18 must have a stocked impoundment permit. These are available at the park office or you can purchase them online at https://www.smartservice.qld.gov.au/services/permits/fishing/apply
LAKE MOOGERAH CARAVAN PARK
• Campfires are only permitted in designated fire rings that are placed throughout the campground.
• Campfires will not be allowed directly on the ground outside these rings.
• Rocks are not accepted as a fire ring and are not allowed anywhere in the campground.
• DO NOT leave campfire unattended and make sure all hot embers are extinguished with cool water on departure.
• An additional number of above ground portable fire containers will be available from the office. These will be available for use if you are camped where there are no fixed fire rings or they are all being used.
• To avoid disappointment you may wish to bring your own fire container. This must be raised off the ground on legs and contain all ash and embers. Please consult with management before camping to ensure yours is suitable.
• On departure you may tip the ash out of your container into one of the large skip bins in the campground AFTER ENSURING IT IS NO LONGER HOT - you may need to cool with water.
• Under no circumstances is the ash allowed to be tipped onto the grounds, into the dam, or into any wheelie bin or individual bin.
SOME OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR THIS NEW RULING ARE -
• To eliminate grass burning and large dead patches and holes appearing all over the campground
• To mitigate the risk of affecting water quality
• To avoid rubbish or glass entering the dam (Note: RUBBISH IS NOT PERMITTED IN A CAMPFIRE AT ANY TIME. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING SO WILL FORFEIT THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING A CAMPFIRE IMMEDIATLEY AND ON ANY FUTURE VISITS)
PENALTIES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE WHO IS CAUGHT NOT COMPLYING WITH THIS POLICY OR IS SEEN PUTTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN CLEAN TIMBER IN THEIR FIRE.
OF COURSE THE MAIN REASON FOR IMPOSING THIS STRICT POLICY IS BECAUSE DESPITE ALL OF THE NOTICES, SO MANY CAMPERS CONTINUE TO PUT GLASS AND RUBBISH IN THEIR CAMPFIRES.
WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE ENJOYMENT OF CAMPFIRES BECOME A THING OF THE PAST HERE AT MOOGERAH SO PLEASE HELP US AND REPORT ANY OFFENDERS TO THE OFFICE
Thank you for your co-operation
Good News Fishermen!! We now sell live shrimp at the office
$10 for 15 shrimp
WE ALSO HAVE A TINNY FOR HIRE - $60 FOR HALF A DAY. IT IS FITTED WITH A 6HP MOTOR SO NO LICENCE IS REQUIRED BUT IT STILL HAS SOME GRUNT TO GET YOU AROUND THE DAM. WITH THE FISHING REALLY TAKING OFF, THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO FIND SOME TOP SPOTS CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS PAGE TO SEE SOME RECENTLY CAUGHT FISH!
DUE TO FULL CAPACITY OF THE DAM, OUR CAMPGROUND IS GREATLY DIMINISHED. DURING ANY PEAK PERIODS IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL THAT YOU PRE-BOOK YOUR STAY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT AS AVAILABILITY OF CAMPSITES WILL BE LIMITED.
BOOM GATE -
IN THE INTERESTS OF SECURITY AND CONTROL OF THE CARAVAN PARK ENVIRONMENT, A BOOM GATE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK. ALL VEHICLES WISHING TO ENTER THE PARK WILL REQUIRE A PIN. THIS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE OFFICE ON THE LEFT AS YOU DRIVE IN.
DAY VISITORS -
PLEASE NOTE SEQWATER TIMES FOR PUBLIC ACCESS TO BOAT RAMPS AND ADJACENT RECREATION AREAS OF 6AM - 6PM. BOOM GATE ACCESS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN THOSE TIMES.
If you're a first time visitor to Moogerah, please be careful to observe the correct rotation when skiing or jetskiing. You must travel in an anti-clockwise direction and always give way to boats dropping skiers into shore. Skiing is a lot of fun, but it can be deadly if people are careless or don't observe the rules. Make sure you do your bit to keep Moogerah safe. If you witness any unsafe or foolhardy action on the water, please note the boat registration number and name and report to the caretaker for further action.
Finally the fish are really biting! You will need a Stocked Impoundment Permit if you want to drop a line in Moogerah. These are available from our office or you can pre-purchase online at www.dpi.qld.gov.au/shop
AS WELL AS OUR SINGLE AND DOUBLE KAYAKS, WE NOW HAVE A DINGHY WITH OUTBOARD TO HIRE - $60 PER HALF DAY (up to 4 people)
- Boonah Country Markets - 2nd & 4th Saturday each month. 7AM - 12NOON
- Moogerah Passion Play - Held every Easter long weekend plus performances the weekend before Easter. This is an open-air theatre production right on the shores of Lake Moogerah. With a cast of up to 80 people and a backdrop of the sun setting over the Great Dividing Range and the lake, this is a spectacle not to be missed. Located right next door to the caravan park within easy walking distance. Visit www.moogerahpassionplay.org.au for pictures and more info.
- Easter Fireworks Display - Come and witness the majesty of our Easter fireworks. Always a stunning display of colour and excitement. Experience the spectacle of massive fireworks as they reflect off the waters of the lake. Fireworks courtesy of All Fired Up Fireworks and Skylighter Fireworks.
WE URGE ALL CAMPERS TO BE MINDFUL OF THE PRIVILEGE IT IS TO CAMP ON THE LAKE AND TO SHOW RESPECT FOR THE FACILITY BY KEEPING CAMPSITES CLEAN OF RUBBISH AT ALL TIMES AND DISPOSING OF ALL RUBBISH CORRECTLY BEFORE LEAVING THE SITE.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF THIS RULE IS NOT ADHERED TO, THEN CAMPING ON THE LAKE WILL BE REGULATED BY SEQWATER AND COULD BE SEVERELY RESTRICTED.
IF YOU HAVE TRIED TO BOOK THE CABIN AND BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL, HAVE A LOOK AT THE "MOOGERAH LAKEHOUSE" or "END OF THE LINE". THIS BEAUTIFUL OLD QUEENSLANDER SET ON HALF AN ACRE OVERLOOKING LAKE MOOGERAH AND THE MOUNTAINS OF THE SCENIC RIM IS ONLY A 3 MINUTE DRIVE FROM THE CARAVAN PARK. SET IN LOVELY GARDENS AND A VIEW TO DIE FOR - THIS COULD BE YOUR ULTIMATE RETREAT! DIRECT ACCESS TO THE LAKE. FULLY SELF-CONTAINED - SLEEPS 10. LIVING AREA AIR-CONDITIONED, FIREPLACE FOR WINTER. MODERN BATHROOM AND KITCHEN, UNDERCOVER PARKING FOR 4 VEHICLES. $170/NIGHT FOR 2 PLUS $20/NIGHT FOR EACH EXTRA ADULT, $10/NIGHT FOR EACH EXTRA CHILD (under 16). MINIMUM 2 NIGHT STAY. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS IN THE PHOTO GALLERY AND GIVE US A CALL.
Follow this link for a cool flight over the lake and caravan park
Are you thinking about a Campervan Holiday but not
sure where to start? This free eBook includes information about
things to take, what to do when you are in your campervan and
other ideas to get you started.
Lake Moogerah Caravan Park is a family friendly destination. In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our guests the following camping policy has been implemented:-
CAMPING POLICY -
Due to an increase in anti-social behaviour, and an increase in the incidence of rubbish, bottles and cans being left in and around campfires, Management reserves the right to request a SECURITY DEPOSIT in the form of a minimum $100 pre-authorisation on a credit card before a camping permit will be issued. Please ensure that someone in your group can supply a credit card for this purpose. On departure your site will be inspected and provided there has been no breach of rules, the pre-authorisation will not be accessed.
All rules including the 10PM NOISE CURFEW are enforced for the benefit of all our guests and their quiet enjoyment of the facility. Your co-operation is expected and essential.
Our rules are simply common sense rules designed to preserve a family friendly environment. A detailed list is contained on the reverse of every camping receipt issued.
IF YOU PLAN TO PARTY INTO THE WEE HOURS - DON'T COME TO MOOGERAH!!!
DRUNKEN, ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!
BOOKINGS - BOOKINGS - BOOKINGS -
We will now be taking bookings for unpowered campsites. This will guarantee you a spot in the campground but it will still be first in, best dressed as far as position goes.
A minimum 50% deposit is required for all bookings. Please take the time to read our BOOKING POLICY on the Rates page of this website.
Reviews If you have visited Lake Moogerah recently, it would be good to have some feedback via the Review facility at our Feature page on the Total Travel website or alternatively by email. All emails are welcomed and receive a reply.
For more information on what is available in the Scenic Rim and surrounding area follow this link:-
Permanent Holiday Cabin News:
It would be appreciated if cabin owners would ensure that family and guests using their cabins are familiar with the rules and abide by them. If you have an overflow of visitors staying overnight, they are NOT permitted to camp around your cabin which includes sleeping in cars. As they are guests using our amenities and facilities, they are required to check-in and pay for their stay. We would very much appreciate your respect for this rule.
Due to the high incidence of cabin owners anonymously dumping unwanted refrigerators at our bins, PLEASE BE WARNED that anyone caught doing this in the future WILL BE EVICTED! There is a $20 fee for every fridge we have to take to our local dump, not to mention the physical effort involved. We believe that it is unreasonable to expect us to do this and it will NOT be tolerated.
MASTER PLAN - OPTIONS ANALYSIS REPORT from Project Services has been distributed to all stakeholders and hopefully this has provided some insight into progress so far.
STILL NO BUILDING TO BE UNDERTAKEN, INCLUDING ERECTING GARDEN SHEDS WITHOUT COUNCIL APPROVAL. ANY SUCH WORKS WILL BE REMOVED BY US AND ASSOCIATED COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO SITE FEES.
PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER, THAT ANY DANGEROUS OR DILAPIDATED STRUCTURES MUST BE REMOVED AS DIRECTED BY MANAGEMENT. SITES MUST BE MAINTAINED IN A HABITABLE STATE AND IF REMOVAL OF CURRENT STRUCTURE IS REQUIRED, YOUR CONTINUED USE CAN BE ACHIEVED BY PLACEMENT OF A CARAVAN ON THE SITE.
Please feel free to lodge any queries, suggestions or solutions you may have, to us via this website.
Muller Park Road Moogerah QLD 4309
Phone: +61 (0)7 5463 0141 | Email